Friday 23 March 2012

Then and Now. . Paul's Boutique The First Collection. . 2006







PB 2012 Collection


My Paul's Boutique bags from the first collection in 2006 were just stunning. Sequins, soft fabrics and gold made them look glamorous and well worth every penny. At the time, the brand wasn't as well known and I easily had up to 50 girls ask me where I got my blue PB bag from. 
The first collection launched in Selfridges as a concessions brand and I was well and truly addicted. Lunching with a friend, I bumped into Paul at a restaurant in North West London and discovered his warehouse was in my local area. He invited us to the sample sale seeing as we were both carrying his bags at the time. We came back with a box full of glittering hoodies and bags for an absolute bargain (hopefully post some photos on them soon). 
Anyhoo, PB has since become one of the most popular UK fashion brands, but I am sad to say that their first collection was bursting with originality whereas their current lines are a little bit too commercial. Nonetheless, they still churn out some really cool bags and accessories so check out their new stuff online. 

No comments:

Post a Comment